Protect yourself from SCAM ARTISTS after a #wildfire damage
MAKE SURE YOUR HOME INSPECTOR IS LEGITIMATE:
• If a housing inspector comes by and claims to represent the Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) or the Small Business Administration (SBA), ask to see the inspector’s identification badge, which all federal employees and contractors are required to carry.
• Remember that FEMA and SBA staff will never ask to see your banking information or charge you for disaster assistance. Do not give out your personal information.
• Know that FEMA housing inspectors will not hire specific contractors to fix your damage.
MAKE SURE YOUR CONTRACTOR IS LEGITIMATE:
• Deal only with licensed contractors. Ask to see physical verification of the person’s license.
• Check that the license is valid by calling the Contractor’s State License Board toll-free at 1-800-321-2752, or by visiting cslb.ca.gov.
• Ask for references.
• Get a written contract, and make sure it contains everything you’ve talked about in person. If it’s not in the contract, the contractor can’t be held accountable for making it happen.
• Don’t pay in cash, and never pay for the entire project before the work is completed.
Blackrock Investments and Finance, Inc.
direct (951) 963-4023 | cell (626) 731-4485 |fax (626) 529-0850
email firstname.lastname@example.org | web http://www.realtorjudyha.com
CA DRE: 01884583
SEARCH PROPERTIES ⤵️